My Picks Carousel

December 29, 2009

The superhero comic she's been waiting for

Kelly Thompson (Comic Book Resources) professes her love for Rucka's Batwoman:

"I've been wanting to talk about Batwoman/Detective Comics since I first started writing this column and I’d been resisting because I’d already written about Greg Rucka’s Stumptown. However, I realized this week that it’s silly to punish Greg Rucka for doing TWO great things. He should be rewarded, not punished.

I L-O-V-E Detective Comics. If I could buy only one monthly book, Detective Comics would be it. If I was buying two books I think it would be Detective Comics and Stumptown.

Detective Comics #860 marked the end of an arc, and also, sadly, the end of the powerful Rucka/Williams team up on Detective Comics...and all I can say at the end of this first arc, this first piece of the ongoing Kate Kane story is 'Thank you, can I please have some more?'"


For more Rucka goodness (and teasers!), check out The Rucka Debrief, pt 2, at Word Balloon.

No comments: