My Picks Carousel

May 26, 2009

Enraged and outraged in Oregon

Greg Rucka gets some hometown love from Katie Schneider at The Oregonian:

"WALKING DEAD is a nonstop thrill ride through a dark world of violence and exploitation. Like Jason Bourne and other great action heroes, [Atticus] Kodiak is grimly unstoppable. Failure isn't an option; nothing short of death is going to stop him until he brings home the girl.

While Tiasa is a fictional character, there is nothing made-up about sex trafficking. According to recent U.N. figures, more than 2 million people are being sold into slavery annually. Regional organizations such as Shared Hope International and Transitions Global try to address the overwhelming needs of the victims.

"I write out of anger a lot," Rucka says, "and the more I researched the subject, the more I discovered what was actually going on at this very moment, the more enraged and outraged I became."'

No comments: